The Geer Family
Yep, we gave it away.  TJ was crying at the end, Ed didn't go to sleep until he had read all of the message board posts and I was so mad that I ended up riding the city bus back to the car by myself having no clue where my husband was because I had stormed off.  We finally made it home safely around 1:30am.   Thank goodness for vacation days because I think I slept until about 11am on Friday.  I'll leave a separate post for Ed to comment on all of the game mishaps if he choses.  I don't even want to talk about it anymore.

Ed's brother drove in from Knoxville for the game so we were able to spend the weekend with him which was great.  We attended a Banquet at the Friday Center in Chapel Hill on Friday night for St. Joesph's CME Church where Ed's mom was honored with the "Ruth" award for all of the volunteering and stewardship work she does in the community.  We had a great time catching up with his family.  TJ stayed at my mom's while we were gone and they went on a hike, went to the pond, played football (that's funny to me), and baked cookies.  He seemed to have a great time and fell asleep as soon as we got in the car.  I bet she fell asleep as soon as we left too. :)

The rest of the weekend was pretty much a lazy one for us.  I have been so tired from the medicine that I am taking that I don't feel like doing much of anything except sleeping.  We did go to the Y yesterday and swam for a bit and then Ed & TJ played basketball.  Other than that, not much else going on.  I am now in my 13th week and we have another appointment this Friday!
So the medicine works!  It's a miracle!  I have only thrown up one time since Friday.  There is a downside however.  Dr. Richardson told me that there were two different medicines I could choose from, each one with a negative side effect.  One would make me extremely tired and one would make me constipated.  Sooooo, I chose to be tired.  I'll pass on the constipation!  I take one pill right before I go to bed and that gets me through the night.  Then I take another one at about 6am, right when I get up, and that gets me through the morning.

My clothes are starting to become very snug!  I bought a belly band yesterday which is supposed to make your pre-pregnancy clothes last a little longer.  Hopefully it will work.  Ed & I looked at some maternity clothes on Sunday after church and I just couldn't bring myself to like any of them, AT ALL!  So hopefully the belly band will do the trick for awhile.

Our doctor, Dr. Richardson, seems to be a great lady.  I selected her from a list of potential OB's after reading her bio.  She went to undergrad at NC State and then went to med school at UNC.  I thought "maybe she's kind of like me"....went to school and pulled for the Pack for a little bit but Baby Blue through and through....after talking to her, she grew up in Winston Salem and is really a Demon Deacon.  I don't think the Elkins side would be too upset about that either.

Now that my sickness is under control, Ed has just been told that he has blepharitis.  What the heck is that???  It's an inflammation of the eyelash follicles along the edge of the eyelid.  His eyes have been red & itchy and gunky.  First we thought he was allergic to the cat (which he has proceeded to love on for two years), then we thought it was pink eye.  But now we know it's blepharitis so hopefully we can get it under control and keep it from coming back.  He has to constantly wash out his eyelids with baby shampoo.  Ouch!

TJ has another football game on Wednesday.  They are having a difficult season and an even more difficult time with their lack of able coaching.  But, he's having a good time and when you're 7, that's all that matters.  Our next appointment is October 30th and we'll find out somewhere around the beginning of December if we're having a boy or a girl.  The Heels are off this weekend as we prepare for FSU in the first ever Thursday night game in Chapel Hill!  I took off work the next day because I know I'll be super tired after that!
Today was our first ultrasound.  After arriving for the appointment  on time (which is rare for us), we learned that our doctor was on call and had to go in to an emergency surgery.  They had typed my cell number incorrectly in to the computer so we weren't notified.  They told us they could squeeze us in at 4 which was imparative since we had both taken the day off from work.  Needless to say, I was very frustrated.  

When we finally got to go in the ultrasound room, I burst in to tears when the baby appeared on the screen.  Its arms were moving so fast (probably from the lunch I had just eaten) that it looked like it was either waving to us or making a snow angel.  It was one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced.

I am 10 weeks along and due on May 9, 2010.  Our next appointment is Friday, October 30th.  The doctor gave me some medicine for nausea and vomitting because I am super tired of seeing the inside of my stomach lining.  I have been throwing up 3 to 4 times a day along with having to pull off the side of the road on the way to work almost every morning.  Hopefully this will help some!  Here are a few pictures of the little peanut!


 Baby Geer!


3D Ultrasound picture


Back & Spine


Umbilical Cord


Fetal Heartbeat