The Geer Family
Sunday I took Chris to a Harvest Festival at Peacehaven Farm in Whitsett.  The farm manager is my cousin Elkie's husband, Ben, and the festival was open to the community.  Peacehaven is a farm currently under development and its mission is to become a community for people with mental and physical disablities.  Eventually the farm will have individual homes where residents can live and contribute to multiple aspects of farming from gardening & planting to raising livestock.  The farm website is:

The festival was great!  The food served was fresh from the farm including the BBQ and it was tasty!  Some of the individuals with disabilities were serving the food and it was neat to see them in action.  There were goats and chickens that the kdis could pet, a bonfire where marshmallows were being roasted for S'mores, face painting for the kids and a live 3 piece band complete with bails of hay as the seats.  We had a great time and Chris enjoyed being passed around between all of the girls!
Saturday was Deuce's first UNC game in Kenan Stadium.  He woke up ready and excited to watch some football!
We spent most of the morning getting ready.  I cooked eggs, sausage and cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  It was yummy!  The boys went to the barber shop while the little guy stayed with me and had a bath to get ready for the game!  He wore his new shirt from his cousins Koji, Amber and Amir and he looked great!  I carried him from the car to the stadium in my Moby wrap.  If you are a mommy and don't have need to get one.  It's awesome and he loves the ride. (There is a photo below...obviously that's not me and Chris but you get the idea).  There are so many different ways to wrap him, and next time I will try the forward facing one since he appears to be so observant!  This is like our 4th year with these season tickets and we sit surrounded by some really great fans.  Most of them didn't know I was pregnant last season so they were all excited to see us arrive with the baby!  Deuce was awesome throughout the game and really paid close attention (until he took a 30 mintue siesta during the 4th quarter & the fireworks).  He is already a true football fan!
Not too much has been going on with us lately, hence the lack of new posts.  The little guy rolls over almost every time you put him on his back now and he is almost able to sit up on his own now.  He sits in the butterfly position and kind of leans forward to prop himself up for a few seconds before he topples over.  It's pretty cute.  He is just as happy as ever.  We are still working on his sleeping habits.  They're not horrible but they're not awesome either.  He goes down at about 9pm and lets me put him in his crib while he's still awake with no issues.  Supposedly this teaches them that they can fall asleep on their own in their bed.  We have the same bedtime routine, including the things I say to him and kisses I give him, and he smiles at me every time I put him down.  It's so sweet.  He wakes up at least once during the night and sometimes twice.  Last night he woke up at 12:30 and 3:30.  Both times I was able to console him right back to sleep but then he woke AGAIN at 4:30 and I had to feed him at that point.  Then I put him back in his crib and when it's time for me to leave to go to work around 7, I have to wake him up!  I am not miserable getting up during the night but at about 10pm I have to go to sleep because my eyelids just won't stay open!

Based on a suggestion from Leigh Anne, I made "Taco Lasagna" last night.  She thought TJ might like it and I must say it was pretty tasty.  He cleared his plate really fast and said he loved it!  I added some black beans, lots of fresh shredded cheese, lettuce & sour cream and we had corn too.  I will definately be making this one again.  Especially since it's a good variation to messy tacos!
On a side note: a friend of mine from Elon lost her dad after a long battle with colon cancer this week and one of Laura's best friends from college also lost her mother to lung cancer this week (a non smoker...).  They were both young parents with young grandchildren.  Please say a prayer for them as cancer has affected every one of us in some way...Thanks!

Pam's blog is listed here:
Layne's mother's website is here:
Little man is 5 months old today!  I can't believe the time has already gone by this fast!  A friend of ours took these pictures at the rehearsal dinner on Friday night and she put this together for me!  Love it!!!

SLEEPING: Chris usually goes to sleep between 8:30 and 9pm, depending on what we have going on for the night.  He pretty much sleeps all the way through the night and wakes around 4:45-5am to eat.  Sometimes he wakes at around 3am and whimpers a little.  If he doesn't stop whimpering, I head to his room and turn his sleep sheep on and give him his paci.  He drifts right back off.  I never have to lift him out of his crib.  He falls asleep on his own in his crib after his last feeding and I think he enjoys being in there.  I still swaddle him every night and I think that helps a lot.  Right now he is still sleeping on his sleep wedge but I will see if we can eliminate that soon.  At Grandma's house he has started taking good solid 2 hour naps.  He sleeps in the car both to and from Chapel Hill also so he is doing great!

EATING: Chris is now enjoying his solids!  He especially likes the fruit.  He has eaten peas, sweet potatoes, bananas, apples, pears, squash, green beans and carrots.  The carrots did not do too well with him.  He had them two days in a row and he threw up both days.  And it was throw up, not spit up, I could tell.  So I will hold off on giving him any more carrots for awhile.  He also enjoys juice in the evenings.  We give him 2 ounces of 100% juice (apple, white grape or pear) and mix it with 2 ounces of water.  He really enjoys it and cries when it's gone.  He also continues to nurse once in the morning and once before bed.  I am still pumping every two hours at work to provide his 3 bottles for the daytime.  The little guy is growing so fast!

PERSONALITY: Chris LOVES to smile!  He is almost always smiling and giggling and everyone tells me that he is such a happy baby.  He has started playing with his feet a lot and grasping for anything near by (including my lips and chin and his daddy's beard!)  He is putting everything in to his mouth now and drooling constantly.  There are no pearly whites popping through just yet but we expect them to any day because he is constantly nawing on the side of his paci or trying to put his entire fist in his mouth.  He is also rolling over I believe but I have yet to see it (both Nana and Grandma have seen it when he was with them).  Does this mean I hold my baby too much, lol???  I suspect that he will be sitting up unassisted any time now as he is always trying to pull himself up, especially in his carseat when he can grip the sides.  I absolutely love to watch him develop right before my eyes!  He is sooooo fun right now!!
Yesterday was my mom's birthday!  After the wedding we went home to change and then headed down the road to my mom's.  My aunt and uncle had come over as well as my sister and her dog.  We had burgers and dogs and just hung out.  Chris had been with her all day while we were at the wedding so she had the perfect birthday, according to her.  I am so thankful for my mom and all the things that she has taught me.  I hope to be only half as amazing as she is...
Ed was honored to be a part of one of his best friends weddings yesterday.  Will and Candice were married at our church in High Point and Ed served as one of the groomsman.  The ceremony was wonderful and the reception was full of fellowship, delicious food and an amazing cake!  Candice looked amazing in her dress and we had a good time spending the day with some of our good friends!
We took the boys to the Central Carolina Fair last Friday night.  It is very similar to the State Fair, just on a smaller scale.  It's held at the Greensboro Coliseum in the Pavillion.  We got TJ a youth ride band for $15 and he was able to ride everything that he wanted, as many times as he wanted.  Not a bad deal!  He had a great time.  All of the action was so stimulating for Chris and he loved watching all of the people and all of the rides going round and round and up and down!
Yesterday was my sister's 27th birthday.  We went over to mom's on Sunday for a cookout to celebrate.  We had a great time and the weather was beautiful.  Here are some shots of us from the day!
Here is a video of the first try with solid foods!  I was totally taping with my left hand and feeding him with my right so it's a little shaky, sorry!  And please disregard the ridiculous voice and the hungry cat in the background, lol!